I’ve been working as a process associate for a while, and recently I started enjoying the data and reporting part of my work. Now I’m thinking of moving into data analytics and want to know which course would be a good place to start.
For a process associate, I’d look for a course that starts from the basics and focuses on practical tools. Options include Data Analytics courses, Business Analytics courses, Excel + SQL courses, or Python for Data Analysis courses.
The important skills to build are Excel, SQL, Power BI, basic statistics, and Python. Your existing experience with processes, KPIs, productivity, and reporting can also help you build relevant projects.
If you want a structured option, the Data Science Course can be considered. I’d still prioritize hands-on projects and a portfolio over simply completing a certificate.
I agree. For someone coming from a Process Associate role, focusing on practical skills is more important than just getting a certificate. Excel, SQL, Power BI, and Python can make the transition much easier.
I also made a similar career switch from BPO to Data Science with the help of HCL GUVI’s Data Science Course. The hands-on projects and structured learning helped me build the confidence to move into the data field. So I’d definitely recommend considering it if you’re looking for a structured learning path.