Can a process associate become a data analyst?

I’ve been working as a process associate for a few years and now I’m looking for a change. I’ve started getting interested in data and analytics, so I’m wondering if this career switch is possible and where I should start.

Yes, definitely. A process associate can transition into Data Analytics, especially if you already work with reports, KPIs, spreadsheets, or process data.

I’d focus on Excel, SQL, Power BI, and basic statistics first. Then build a few projects around process efficiency, productivity, turnaround time, or quality metrics.

Your existing process knowledge is actually useful because you already understand how businesses operate. You just need to add the technical and analytical skills to turn that experience into an analytics profile.

Yes, absolutely. A Process Associate can move into a Data Analyst role, especially if you already work with reports, KPIs, or performance data.

I’d recommend starting with Excel, SQL, Power BI, basic statistics, and then learning Python for data analysis. Building a few practical projects will also help you demonstrate your skills.

If you’re looking for a structured learning path, the HCL GUVI Data Science Course is worth considering. It covers the fundamentals along with practical projects and can be a good option for someone transitioning from a non-technical background.