Can a process associate switch to data science without a technical degree?

I’ve been working as a process associate for a few years and lately I’ve been thinking about trying something different. Data science seems interesting, but since I don’t have a technical degree, I’m not sure if I can actually make the switch.

Yes, it’s possible, although it will take some consistent learning. A technical degree can help, but it isn’t the only route into Data Science.

Start with Excel, SQL, Python, statistics, and data visualization, then move into machine learning and build practical projects. Your process experience can also help when working with business and operational datasets.

The important thing is to demonstrate your skills through projects and practical work rather than relying only on a certificate. You don’t have to completely start over—you’re adding a technical skill set to the experience you already have.

Yes, you can definitely switch to Data Science without a technical degree. A Process Associate role already gives you experience with processes, reporting, KPIs, and business data, which can be useful when moving into data-related roles.

You’ll need to build the right technical skills, especially Python, SQL, statistics, data visualization, and machine learning. A structured course can make the transition easier.

I’d suggest checking out the HCL GUVI Data Science Course. It starts with the fundamentals and includes practical projects, which can be helpful if you’re coming from a non-technical background. I’ve seen people from BPO and other non-technical roles make this transition by consistently building their skills and projects.