I’ve been working in BPO for some time and now I’m thinking about learning data science. Not sure if doing a course will really help me switch careers and get a job in this field.
Yes, it can be worth it, especially if you’re looking to move from BPO into a more analytical role. Your experience with customer data, KPIs, reporting, and processes can actually be useful.
I’d focus on Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and basic statistics, and make sure the course includes hands-on projects rather than just theory.
A course can give you structure, but the real difference comes from applying what you learn to projects and being able to show those skills when applying for jobs.
Yes, I think it can be worth it if your goal is to move from BPO into a data-focused career. A good course can give you a structured learning path, but you’ll still need to put in the effort to build practical skills and projects.
I actually switched my career from BPO to Data Science with the help of the HCL GUVI Data Science Course. Coming from a non-technical background, having a structured curriculum and hands-on projects helped me understand the concepts and build confidence.
So if you’re serious about the switch, I’d recommend considering HCL GUVI and focusing on building a strong project portfolio alongside the course.