GUVI
Back

How do you see data science in the pharma sector and automobile sector? how important is it?

Created 3 years ago
0 Comments
Guvigeek
@Guvigeek
Guvigeek
@GuvigeekProfile is locked. Login

In the pharma sector, we now know with the COVID thing, how challenging it is to find drugs for specific diseases? And also then how important is data science in creating experiments for drug trials? Getting statistical, statistically significant results that show that actually it works? How do you create samples? How do you create groups of people who get it who don't get it? How do you compare the results? All this is actually data science, right? Of course, the pharma part, which is designing the molecule is the most significant one. But after that everything around testing the validity or the effectiveness of a given drug is all data science. Right. So that is I think it's very important, in fact, more broadly in the biotech field, there are other problems. For example, some of you might have seen the results, which came from open AI, I think it is no, it may be deep mind, where they were able to show that a classical problem on protein folding could be solved using deep learning, right? protein folding is where you have a protein, you know something about what are the different constituents in the protein, but you don't know what its 3d structure is. And they were able to show how to use deep learning to solve what is the classical problem and improve on the best known accuracy by several points? Right. So I think it is a very important sector. As I said, I believe healthcare is one field where we need more support for the doctors and nurses. And I think deep learning and data science has a role. In the automobile sector, as I said, in managing the wait till Of course, there is some data science most companies now collect very detailed diagnostics as you're driving. So many of our cars have a port called OBD port from which you can collect data. And many companies now at least the top companies for a while have been collecting data and they use that to see how the car is functioning and so on. But even at the level of AI As I was saying you might use AI to help improve the quality of the experience for the driver. Right. So I think in both these areas, there is quite a bit you can do with data science.

Comments